Thursday, May 7, 2009

You Can Fight City Hall (Maybe)

Sometime in March we received a letter from the Phila. Parking Authority saying we had failed to pay for a $300 parking ticket for parking in a handicapped spot on January 19,2009. The only thing is the lic. number given is for a car we bought for our kids on January 24,2009. We did not get the tags,title and registration until Feb. 2,2009. Foolish me wrote a few times even sending in copies of all of the above. I just kept getting form letters telling me to call the phone number on the original letter which never connects you to a human being!
I decided to write to our local Phila. CBS affiliate's consumer watchdog guy. He actually called me and we have been in communication twice. He has connections at the parking authority. I did get a letter saying the case was suspended for 30 days pending an investigation. We shall see. meanwhile...Thanks,Jim D.!

No comments:

Post a Comment